What is PAMS 3D & 4D Baby Imaging?
At PAMS 3D & 4D Baby Imaging we perform ultrasound scans, ranging from early pregnancy scans to 3D and 4D scans.
All scans are performed by Pam Kapur, a highly experienced sonographer. Pam specialises in ultrasound and is fully qualified and accredited in this field. She has extensive experience in obstetric scanning with many years of experience working in the NHS.
Wit a state of the art ultrasound scan machine, you are guaranteed an excellent diagnostic service and a bonding experience that will stay with you forever.
If you become concerned about any aspect of your pregnancy scan, or the recordings and pictures you have taken home, you can contact us at any time to discuss and concerns that you may have.
What does the scan involve?
A harmless, water based colourless, cold gel will be applied to your tummy. This creates a good contact the ultrasound probe and the skin; this aids in comfortably sliding the probe over your tummy, and is essential for the quality of the images. You will be asked to sign a consent form before your scan.
Are there factors that can affect the quality of the scan?
- The baby's position, which determines the ease or difficulty of acquiring optimal images. If the baby is in an awkward position it is sometimes better to move around for a while to see if the baby changes to a more favourable position.
- Amount of fluid around the baby (the less fluid, the more difficult it is).
- The relative gap between the baby and the scan probe (mother's build).
Sometimes it is necessary to postpone the scanning to another time.
For more information please call us on 07503 152 530.
Who can book a scan?
Patients who attend our clinics have either been told by their doctor or their midwife that they need an ultrasound scan.
We also accept self-referrals, the most common reason is for reassurance due to poor obstetric history.
If something unexpected or unusual is detected during your scan, our sonographer will carefully explain it to you. With your permission they will write a report and advise a prompt follow up with your midwife, GP or Obstetrician.
May include trans-vaginal / internal scan with consent.
- We will need to expose lower part of abdomen so ideally wear 2 piece garments i.e trousers or skirt and top.
- Drink 0.5 ltr (1 pint) clear fluid approx 1 hour before appointment time (milk and fizzy drinks are not recommended).
- Please do not empty your bladder before the examination.
- Maintain normal medication.
- All of our first line ultrasound scans are optional. You must be at least 16 years old and you should have no existing medical condition or treatment pending that relates to the scan you are booking. If you are in any doubt about having any type of scan, you should consult your GP.
Please do not empty your bladder before the examination.
All of our first line ultrasound scans are optional. You must be at least 16 years old and you should have no existing medical condition or treatment pending that relates to the scan you are booking. If you are in any doubt about having any type of scan, you should consult your GP.
†If you choose not to have a trans vaginal scan we may be able to complete the scan trans abdominally. However please note that results may not be as accurate.