Terms & Conditions
Below are our terms and conditions for PAMS Pregnancy Ultrasound Centre, please read these carefully as they may have an effect on your experience. If you have any questions, or wish to discuss anything please contact us.
Your ultrasound scan, will only be performed by a fully qualified, trained and experienced ultrasound sonographer. The scan is classified as self referred, primarily intended to assist in the pre birth bonding with your unborn baby. The 4D Baby Images scan is not intended to either replace or augment your primary healthcare providers prenatal scanning programme.
To attend PAMS Pregnancy Ultrasound Centre you must have already had your primary health care scan Fetal Anomaly Scan. Gender scans (sexing) are very reliable. We get it right about 95%. Therefore please note, PAMS Pregnancy Ultrasound Centre can not guarantee that the sex determined is the actual sex, and the company, nor sonographer will be held responsible for any errors.
The bonding scan is not intended to identify or diagnose any fetal abnormality or defect. This is the responsibility of your primary health care provider. However, our fully trained sonographers will always be alert in order that they may notice something untoward we will act on it 'out of duty of care' & refer you to the specialist at the hospital.
PAMS Pregnancy Ultrasound Centre will do everything possible to obtain good quality scanned images of your baby. However, nature will dictate how easy or difficult obtaining those images will be. There are several factors which affect the quality of images obtained. Some of them are the position of baby i.e. too close to uterine wall, reduced amniotic fluid, limbs obscuring face i.e. hands, arms, legs and feet, anterior placenta, position of umbilical cord, body fat and over 33 weeks gestation.
- If it is difficult, initially to obtain a good image, you will be asked to take a short walk, or have a cold drink, this usually encourages baby to move position. You will then be re-scanned at no further cost to complete your total scan time.
- If after this, we are still unable to obtain quality images, we will offer one complimentary rescan, at a future date, this is subject to scanning availability and gestation.
- It should be noted that on very rare occasions, it is not possible to obtain the quality 3D & 4D images we usually acquire. This is usually something outside of PAMS Pregnancy Ultrasound Centre's control.
- Due to the significant expense each scan incurs, after the subsequent free scan, PAMS Pregnancy Ultrasound Centre cannot offer further scans without charging, however a discounted rate will be offered in these circumstances.
- In the event that we cannot obtain 3D images of your baby the minimum you will be charged is £125 to cover the cost of scanning time.
- Rescans will be at the discretion of PAMS Pregnancy Ultrasound Centre.
- All viability scans require the fee to be paid in full at the time of booking.
- All other bookings are subject to a 50% deposit.
- Your deposit will be refunded as a subtraction from your account on the day of your scan.
- Due to significant demand for our services, if you are unable to attend your appointment, we request that you provide at least 48 hours notice of cancellation, otherwise the 50% deposit taken at the time of booking will be non-refundable.
- Should you arrive 15 minutes or later after your appointment start time your booking may be rescheduled for another day.
- Late arrivals that are not able to be seen on the same day will incur a retained deposit.
- Sunday appointments on request carry an additional charge.
- Accuracy of gender scans increases after 17 weeks of gestation.
- In the event that we cannot obtain 3D images of your baby the minimum you will be charged is £125 (£150 for multiple pregnancies) to cover the scanning time.
- Advertised prices are subject to change without notice.